Hallelujah!  It’s About Time – Try the Veal Piccata

The S&P closed at 2744.28 – So today’s circuit breakers are:  Level 1.  192.09 pts (7%) or 2552.19 Level 2.  356.75 pts (13% total) or 2387.53 Level 3.  548.86 pts (20% total) or 2195.42  _________________________________________________________ Uncle Jay (Powell) takes center stage on Capitol Hill…and I have one word to say –  Hallelujah!  Stocks – which [...]

By |2018-04-11T09:55:38+00:00February 28th, 2018|Morning Thoughts by Kenny Polcari, Uncategorized|

Apple is under fire for moving iCloud data to China – CNNMoney

Tim Cook: Corporations should have values Apple's latest move in China has privacy advocates and human rights groups worried. The U.S. company is moving iCloud accounts registered in mainland China to state-run Chinese servers on Wednesday along with the digital keys needed to unlock them. "The changes being made to iCloud are the latest indication [...]

By |2018-02-28T21:04:28+00:00February 28th, 2018|Uncategorized|

Asian Shares Mixed Ahead Of Powell’s Congressional Testimony – Nasdaq

Shutterstock photo (RTTNews.com) - Asian stocks ended mixed on Tuesday as investors awaited Congressional testimony later in the day by the new Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell for further insights into the central bank's view on inflation and interest rates. Chinese shares snapped a six-session winning streak as investors locked in some profits. The benchmark [...]

By |2018-02-28T21:04:31+00:00February 27th, 2018|Uncategorized|

Stevey Says – Don’t be Ridiculous & Uncle Warren Has $ to Spend – Try the Giambotta

The S&P closed at 2747.30 – So today’s circuit breakers are:  Level 1.  192.31 pts (7%) or 2554.99 Level 2.  357.15 pts (13% total) or 2390.15 Level 3.  549.46 pts (20% total) or 2197.84  _____________________________________________________  And BOOM!  Investors couldn’t buy stocks fast enough….  Enter stage left…. the paparazzi got a hold of Treasury Secretary Stevie [...]

By |2018-02-28T21:04:33+00:00February 26th, 2018|Uncategorized|

We have finally reached an inflection point in market

The primary driver of the selloff was a result of dramatically rising interest rates. On Friday the closely watched US 10-yr yield rose 2.92% to close at 2.85%. Not only is that the highest yield for the 10-yr. over the past 12 months, it is it's highest yield since January 6, 2014. That lurch higher [...]

By |2018-04-11T10:01:01+00:00February 7th, 2018|Uncategorized|

Budget showdown, is there trouble ahead?

To date, investors have not priced in a protracted shutdown as is evidenced by the continuation of our run-up in prices. The run-up in prices that we have witnessed over the past 52-weeks has left the S&P with a gain of 26.31% and a P/E of 23.41. Over the same period, the Dow Industrials have [...]

By |2018-01-22T19:00:19+00:00January 22nd, 2018|Uncategorized|

A Look Ahead to 2018-What is on the horizon that could threaten the equity market rally?

We head into 2018 with significant economic tailwinds, improving estimates for corporate profitability, and expectations for additional economic expansion. That said, I suspect the hunt for equity market ROI this year may be a bit more challenging than it was in 2017. Much of the run-up in prices that we saw in 2017 was predicated [...]

By |2018-01-29T14:24:51+00:00January 14th, 2018|Uncategorized|