Crash?  What Crash?  Accentuate the Positives!  Try the Grilled Lamb Chop w/Orange Butter

The S&P closed at 2662.94 – So today’s circuit breakers are: (Although – we apparently shouldn’t be concerned)  Level 1.  188.90 pts (7%) or 2509.73 Level 2.  350.82 pts (13% total) or 2347.81 Level 3.  539.72 pts (20% total) or 2158.91 Rewind for one minute – yesterday - February 14th - the mkts were keenly [...]

By |2018-02-15T15:20:56-04:00February 15th, 2018|Morning Thoughts by Kenny Polcari|

US inflation firms broadly in January, puts spotlight on Fed – Reuters

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. consumer prices rose more than expected in January as Americans paid more for gasoline, rental accommodation and healthcare, raising pressure on new Federal Reserve chief Jerome Powell to prevent a possible overheating of the economy. The report from the Labor Department on Wednesday, however, likely overstates the inflation picture given that [...]

By |2018-02-14T22:58:09-04:00February 14th, 2018|Morning Thoughts by Kenny Polcari|

CPI has market locking in March rate hike and moving toward 4 Fed increases this year – MarketWatch

Bloomberg Fed Chairman Jerome Powell will discuss his inflation outlook when he testifies to Congress for the first time on Feb. 28. The hotter-than-expected consumer price data for January adds to a growing expectation among economists that the Federal Reserve will raise interest rates with four quarter-point moves this year, rather than the three they [...]

By |2018-02-16T15:02:20-04:00February 14th, 2018|Morning Thoughts by Kenny Polcari|

Goldman Sachs CEO: Odds of a ‘bad outcome’ for economy have gone up – fox2now.com

Lloyd Blankfein is worried that a spending spree by the Trump administration could overheat the American economy. “The odds of a bad outcome have gone up,” the Goldman Sachs CEO told CNN’s Christine Romans in an interview airing Wednesday. Blankfein noted that the economy was already humming along before the federal government juiced it with $1.5 trillion [...]

By |2018-02-16T15:02:20-04:00February 14th, 2018|Morning Thoughts by Kenny Polcari|

Dow jumps 189 points as stocks bounce back from their worst week in 2 years – CNBC

U.S. stocks rose on Monday as the major indexes rebounded from their worst weekly performances in two years. The Dow Jones industrial average closed 410.37 points higher at 24,601.27 and rose as much as 574.26. DowDuPont and Apple were the best-performing stocks in the Dow, advancing 3.4 percent and 4 percent, respectively. The S&P 500 [...]

By |2018-02-16T15:02:22-04:00February 12th, 2018|Morning Thoughts by Kenny Polcari|

Mkts Explode Higher as Buyers go on a Shopping Spree – Try the Raisin Bran Muffins

The S&P closed at 2619.55 – So today’s circuit breakers are: (Although it appears a moot point this morning as US futs are rocketing higher….MAGA!)  Level 1.  183.37 pts (7%) or 2336.18 Level 2.  340.54 pts (13% total) or 2279.01 Level 3.  523.91 pts (20% total) or 2095.64 And the tremors linger……. mkts continued the [...]

By |2018-02-16T15:02:22-04:00February 12th, 2018|Morning Thoughts by Kenny Polcari|